find servicesLearn about services offered through
volunteerLearn how to volunteer your time
to help Dakota Communities.
work for usLearn about careers and training offered
through Dakota Communities.
|Gifts to Dakota Communities help people with intellectual and developmental disabilities realize their potential every day. Your contribution will support people as they garden, volunteer, receive pet therapy, camp and participate in countless other community activities. Our person-centered approach, which incorporates accessibility and technology to increase independence, mobility and safety, is made possible by the generosity of our supporters. Read about our 2011 accomplishments in our 2011 Annual Report.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Dakota Communities relies on the generosity of our community to continue and enhance the services we provide.
Dakota Communities earned the Charities Review Council “Meets All Standards” Seal for meeting the Council’s strict accountability standards, demonstrating responsibility, integrity and transparency as a non-profit organization. View Dakota Communities’ page on the Charities Review Council website.
||"Dakota Communities has been a very important part of our family for the past 30 years. The love and support of staff has made it possible for my son and his housemates to live very happy and full lives. They’re truly an extension of our family!|
--Judy Grudem, Parent and Donor
"The real reason I give and will continue to give is that the people at Dakota Communities do a good job in living out their mission. They have pride in living it everyday."
--Bob Klas, Jr., President, Tapemark
ways to giveIf you would like to partner with us in helping people with disabilities realize their potential in their lives and communities, you can make a tax-deductible contribution in three ways:
types of gifts
- Give online through our secure donation page.
- To contribute by mail please print and complete this form and send to: Dakota Communities, Attn: Jaclyn Schroeder, 680 O’Neill Drive, Eagan, MN 55121. Checks may be made to Dakota Communities.
- Give through your donor advised fund
| ||If you have a donor advised fund with Fidelity |
Charitable Gift Fund or Schwab Charitable,
you may use DAF Direct to recommend a grant
directly from your donor advised fund to Dakota
- Cash Contributions. We gratefully accept monetary gifts by cash, check or credit card.
- Gifts In Kind. Non-cash contributions are an important way of benefiting Dakota Communities. Please contact us at 651.688.8808 for information on what we can accept.
- Gifts of Stock. Gifts of appreciated securities (stocks or mutual funds) support the future of Dakota Communities. The full fair market value of the asset may be deductible as a charitable contribution. Please seek the advise of your financial adviser about your personal tax situation.
designate your giftDonors can give to where the need is greatest or designate their gifts to specific areas.
- Planned Gifts. If you are thinking of updating your will or
estate plan, please consider including a gift to Dakota Communities.
- Read about the various funds at Dakota Communities.
- Tribute Gifts. Giving a gift to
Dakota Communities is a meaningful way to remember or honor a loved one.
Make any donation to Dakota Communities a tribute gift today!
If you have questions or would like to discuss a contribution...
Please contact Jaclyn Schroeder, Vice President of Development, at (651) 688-8808 ext. 16 or by email.
We are grateful for your friendship and support!